Are you in the market for a new or used dump trailer to keep your property looking great? Congratulations! Dump trailers can add tremendously to what you can do around your home or business. However, if you’re a first-time buyer, you may want to keep these considerations in mind when comparing dump trailers:
- What kind of warranty comes with the dump trailer? As with any type of vehicle, dump trailers will usually have some kind of warranty. It’s up to you to read the fine print and understand the limits of this warranty, although a knowledgeable dealer like Reinhart Trailers can help you make sense of any wording you find confusing.
- What materials are used to make up the sides and floors of the dump trailer? Different manufacturers use different materials to construct their dump trailers, so always make sure to determine what you need for the tasks you intend to perform with your dump trailer.
- What kind of gate does the dump trailer have? Dump trailers can have a variety of dumping gates, from spreaders to barn doors or both.
- What kind of hoist is featured? Some dump trailers have scissor hoists; other dump trailers have 1 or 2 piston hydraulic cylinders. One isn’t necessarily better than the other. It all depends upon what you need your dump trailer to do.
- Are ramps included with your dump trailer? Dump trailers may or may not include ramps. If they aren’t included, you may want to purchase them separately.
- How are the wires harnessed in the dump trailer? Make sure any dump trailer you’re going to buy has wires that are sealed and protected. This will ensure a longer lifespan and fewer opportunities for them to be damaged.
- Test the tires. Just as you would with a car or truck, make certain the tires pressures on your dump trailer are up to par. At Reinhart Trailers, we know which types of dump trailer tires are well-suited for the job you plan to do, giving you a smooth haul and tons of mileage.
- Examine the type of coupler the dump trailer features. You may want to bring the vehicle you’ll use to haul your dump trailer so you can see which coupler fits best with your ride.
- Ask about resale value. What happens if you decide to sell your dump trailer sometime in the future? What kind of resale can you expect to get?
Remember that a reputable dealer should be able to help you answer all your questions, including the nine above. It’s an important purchase, and there’s a dump trailer that’s right for you.
Looking for dump trailers for your Toronto needs? Check out our options at Reinhart Trailers!Get a Quote Now